Wearable Art Show & Sale
August 20, 2016 5-9 p.m. & special happy hour preview sale Friday August 19, 5-7 p.m.
The Shop @DG 109 S. Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL 60085
Visit The Shop @ DG Facebook page to keep up with the latest wearable art show news.
- Artwork needs to be wearable by adult humans (includes fantasy non-human costumes), well-constructed and handmade.
- NOT ALLOWED: reselling, direct marketing (like Jamberry, knock offs, Silpada jewelry), 0r mass-produced items . No kids’ items- we may consider having a kids-themed show for a future event.
- Artwork must be durable and well-constructed. Badly constructed items will not be displayed for sale.
- Upcycled and repurposed materials are great and highly encouraged! Make sure items are clean and safe to wear. We will have an upcycled challenge- stop by our Dandelion Gallery info table from 5-9 p.m. at the June 18th and July 15 Art Wauk to sign up to select a plain item to transform and drop off by August 15!
- No fees, Gallery keeps 40% commission for any item that sells.
- Artists are responsible for any racks or other special forms of display for their items (hangers, hat forms, tables, etc.). We will have some table and shelf space.
If you would like to submit items for the show, it’s super-simple!
- Post a picture of your items and a general description on our Facebook event page or email us this info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure each piece of your work is clearly priced and identified with your contact information. You will also provide contact information when you drop your items off.
- Drop off your artwork Monday August 15, 5-7 p.m. at Dandelion Gallery, 109 South Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL 60085. If you are not able to make that drop off date, have a friend bring your items by.
- Pick up your work directly after Art Wauk on Saturday, August 20 starting at 9:00 p.m. OR Sunday, August 21, 10-2 p.m. If you are not able to make those pick up times, have a friend collect your items. We will not mail items back to artists.
- Payment will be made 1 month after the event concludes and checks will be mailed to you.